Shoppers can park for FREE for up to 2 hours at meters from 10 am to 9 pm, Monday through Saturday, from the day after Thanksgiving through January 1st. Downtown meters are included within the area bounded by Fountain Street, Memorial Boulevard, Weybosset, Empire and Friendship streets (from Dyer to Dorrance). Cars parked beyond the 2-hour time limit will be ticketed during this period. As always, parking at night and on Sundays is FREE.
Museum visitors can use nearby Metropark lot (North Main/Steeple streets) diagonally across from the First Baptist Church. Tell the attendant that you are visiting the museum in order to receive a discounted rate, and bring your Metropark slip to the Museum front desk for validation.
Visit the museum after 6 pm on Thursdays, or any time Sunday, and enjoy free on-street parking!
- 2 hours free parking at Down City Parking’s Grants Block Lot for participating stores with validation. 10 am—6 pm, Mon—Sat.
- Shops include Craftland, clover, Homestyle, ENO, Symposium Books, Queen of Hearts, Modern Love, Sura, Small Point Cafe and more. For more info, visit http://www.indowncity.com/.
Park for FREE at meters throughout the city all day Sunday and all evenings from 9 pm to 2 am. (On-street parking is not allowed after 2 am). Meters are also FREE between 5 am and 8 am every day.
Discounted rates for restaurant patrons and employees. Restaurants can pre-purchase validation chaser tickets allowing customers to park for the first 3 hours FREE of charge.
Restaurants have several options for their employees allowing them to pay $6 for up to 10 hours of parking. Call the parking garage manager Bob Sepe at (401) 458-6339 for more details.
Find discounted gift certificates online.
- Free parking for up to 2 hours. Visit anywhere in downtown, and see website for details.
- Federal Building: $2 off standard posted rates for agency visitors with validation.
- RI State Archives: 2 hours FREE for visitors with validation. Standard rates apply beyond 2 hours.
- Boston Sports Clubs: FREE parking after 4 PM, Mon-Fri at 3 designated lots. Pine/Dorrance is primarily used.